10. 10. 2009

Slakah The Beatchild - Soul Movement Vol.1 (2009)

When I heard SLAKAH THE BEATCHILD for first time I know I must have this album :)

What do you get when you mix the flavor of Raphael Saadiq with the musical genius of J-Dilla, then throw it in a pot and season it with a little Stevie Wonder & Quincy Jones ? A glimps into the soulful fresh style & sounds of Slakah the Beatchild. The rest cannot be described in words, only through sound :)

One of the best R&B/Soul album I have heard in a while. This is album needs to be in any R&B/Soul Music fan collection. There’s clear evidence Canada is producing quality music. Any fan of that Raphael Saadiq, Dwele, Dilla, Slum Village sound will agree… this is good music.

Recording artist/producer Slakah the Beatchild's music is often described as a breath of fresh air. Soulful chords, warm harmonies & intricate progressions are the root of this unique feel good sound. On a quest to provide quality vibes to the world, Slakah the Beatchild presents Soul Movement vol I, a brilliant collection of instrumentals, collaborations & solo masterpieces. At 20 cuts deep, one listen will have true die-hard fans of soul hiphop, pleasantly lost in a musical daydream. Guest features include Divine Brown, Shad, Ayah, Drake, Melanie Durrant & more!

Why the name Beatchild? :)

..."when I was young and couldn’t walk my mom would sit me on the washing machine and it was this ghetto washing machine. On the spin cycle it would make a noise like a slow steady rhythm and to me that was music and I would dance to that as my mom did the laundry. My mom saw that I was actually moving on rhythm to the music so she was like, ‘Wow, this kid has rhythm! I’m gonna call him The Beatchild.’


http://www.myspace.com/slakahthebeatchild





Slakah The Beatchild - Soul Movement Vol. 1 (2009)

Tracklist in comment section

Enjoy album and tell friends about this artist
With love Talulah :)

1 komentář:

Deena Angelito řekl(a)...

Slakah The Beatchild - Soul Movement Vol.1 (2009)

Tracklist:
01. Intro 01:28
02. Enjoy Ya Self 02:55
03. Share (Feat. Drake & Hazel) 01:47
04. Get Down Right (Feat. Divine Brown & D.O.) 03:28
05. What's This Feeling 03:33
06. The Answer (Feat. Melanie Durrant) 03:28
07. Crate Love (By Your Side) 03:17
(Feat. Ray Robinson & Divine Brown)
08. It's All Good (Feat. Jason Simmons) 04:16
09. A Way (Feat. Mystic & Miranda) 03:20
10. Feel The Music 01:20
11. B-Boy Beef 03:46
12. I'll Be Alright (Feat. Ebrahim) 04:36
13. State Of The Game (Feat. Ayah) 01:21
14. Some Beats 03:12
15. Can U See It? (Feat. Tona) 03:59
16. Now A Daze (Feat. Shad) 02:17
17. Bad Meaning Good (Feat. Drake) 02:42
18. Butta Fat Vibes (Feat. D10) 01:29
19. Ain't Nothing Like HipHop 01:22
20. Enjoy Ya Self V2 (Feat. Drake) 03:47